Monday, February 17, 2014

Adult Biblical Fiction - My Review of David and Bathsheba

Written by: Roberta Kells Dorr
Published by: River North

I've never really gotten into biblical fiction, but I chose to read this book, anyway, because I thought that it would be interesting to check out.

David and Bathsheba is the fictional story of King David and the romance between him and Bathsheba, and the story surrounding all that, too.



Who the book is for:

Those who are interested in biblical times. Adults.

What I liked:

This was a pretty interesting read.

Assuming that some of the details in this book are based on fact, it was fun to learn a bit more about the story and think about it in a whole new way.

What I didn’t like:

The print was pretty tiny, but I did grow used to it in the end.

Some of the content was a bit... much. But what you would expect from this story.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was a different kind of read for me, and I found it okay for a change of pace.

I give David and Bathsheba 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from MPNewsroom. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment