Monday, February 10, 2014

Cute But With a Few Problems - My Review of Candle Bedtime Bible

Published by: Lion Hudson

I always enjoy reading children’s books and bibles, so I was excited to check out Candle Bedtime Bible.



The story:

This Bible storybook shares about forty stories of Bible characters such as Noah, Moses, Joshua and Jesus.

The illustrations:

Are simple and cute.

How strong is the book?

This is a relatively sturdy hardcover book.

Who the book is for:

This is where I am confused. The stories are long and don’t include a lot of pictures, so I wouldn’t really recommend this book for babies, toddlers or preschoolers, but… would school aged children find the illustrations appropriate?

What I liked:

The illustrations are cute.

The stories are true to God’s word.

Includes a variety of stories - more than some children’s Bibles.

What I didn’t like:

The stories are labeled as being three, five or ten minutes in length (that it takes to read them, I believe). I found these labels off, and also thought the book would be better if all stories were the same length.

The naked pictures of Adam and Eve are simple, yet still a bit inappropriate.

Some of the stories were so long that I found them hard to read in one sitting - even as an adult.

Don’t know what age it is for.

My conclusion:

Overall, I’m not a big fan of this Bible.

I give Candle Bedtime Bible 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Kregel Blog Tour. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment