Thursday, February 20, 2014

Novel of a Journey to a New Life in America - My Review of No Turning Back

Written by: Joanne Wilson Meusburger
Published by: Ambassador International

I am always interested in reading as much fiction as possible, and that is why I chose to read this book.

No Turning Back is the story of a young Austrian couple who head to America to start a new life, and the struggles that they encounter along the way.



Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy historical fiction. Catholics, in particular.

What I liked:

The story was certainly unique from other books that I have read.

I enjoyed reading about the actual journey to America and the time spent on a ship.

What I didn’t like:

The characters in this book are mainly catholic, which I found a bit hard to get past. There are some things in the catholic faith that just don't align with my faith...

Parts of the book are poorly written, the last several chapters, in particular - I feel that they wouldn't have been needed in the book at all.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was an okay read.

I give No Turning Back 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Ambassador International. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment