Friday, February 7, 2014

Novella after Novella - My Review of A Match Made in Texas

Written by: Karen Witemeyer, Mary Connealy, Regina Jennings, Carol Cox
Published by: Bethany House

I enjoy reading all types of fiction, so I thought it would be interesting to read this collection of novellas.

Set in Texas in the late 1800’s, A Match Made in Texas weaves together four love stories.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy historical novellas. Those who want some light reading.

What I liked:

The first story (A Cowboy Unmatched by Karen Witemeyer) was my favorite. It was suspenseful and interesting and I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.

I thought that An Unforseen Match by Regina Jennings was unique in that it featured a visually impaired main character.

Easy to read.

What I didn’t like:

I wasn’t too big of a fan of the last few stories. They were boring, a bit farfetched, and moved too quickly.

The last book (Meeting her Match by Mary Connealy) has the couple planning the amount of kids they are going to have, which I found a bit unrealistic for that day and age, and also I thought it pushed an agenda that I disagree with.

My conclusion:

Overall, this book got kind of old. After the first two stories, I didn’t really feel like reading any more.

I give A Match Made in Texas 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment