Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Suspenseful Read - My Review of Shadows of the Past

Written by: Patricia Bradley
Published by: Revell

I enjoy reading suspenseful fiction, and that is why I decided to check out this book.

Shadows of the Past is the story of a psychology professor and criminal profiler who is being stalked. With the help of a mystery novelist, she must find the culprit and get past the trouble going on in her life.



Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy suspense books with a bit of a romantic twist.

What I liked:

I enjoyed the brother to brother interaction between two of the characters.

Got exciting toward the end of the book and really hooked me.

Interesting and enjoyable read.

What I didn’t like:

The first chapter was too long and I had a hard time pressing through it - but I'm glad I made myself do that.

I don't like the front cover or the looks of the people pictured there.

At first, it felt like I had started in the middle of a series and like I should have known the many characters better than I did.

I wish that it would have lasted a little longer to fully finish things up.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was a good read.

I give Shadows of the Past 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Revell. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment