Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Mystery Among the Amish - My Review of Murder Simply Brewed

Written by: Vannetta Chapman
Published by: Zondervan

I'm not typically a fan of Amish fiction, in particular, but I am a fan of mysteries and suspense books, so I was eager to check out this combination of the two.

Murder Simply Brewed is the story of a village, and the mystery surrounding the death of one of its members.



Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy Amish fiction, and those who don't. Those who like a good mystery.

What I liked:

I really liked the combination of Amish and non-Amish characters, and the fact that the story was told from both perspectives.

The characters are likeable.

The story was interesting and unique.

What I didn’t like:

There were a few flaws that I - as an aspiring author myself - found in this book, but nothing too serious.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was a good read.

I give Murder Simply Brewed 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Book Look. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment: