Thursday, March 6, 2014

Brain Injury Awareness - My Review of The Long Awakening

Written by: Lindsey O’Connor
Published by: Revell

This month is Brain Injury Awareness Month, and I was given this book to read and review because of that.

The Long Awakening tells the story of Lindsey O’Connor and the many days that she spent in a coma following the birth of her youngest child. It also shares about the brain loss that she continues to deal with.



Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy memoirs.

What I liked:

This book is so real, the author shares every moment and detail.

It was interesting to learn more about brain injury and illness.

What I didn’t like:

This book was hard to get into in the beginning.

Some of the sentences in the book are just really long and make it hard to read/understand.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was an okay read.

I give The Long Awakening 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Revell. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment