Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Children's Tale of a Fieldtrip - My Review of When I Grow Up I Want to Be... a Firefighter!

Published by: Wigu Publishing
Written by: Mark Shyres
Illustrated by: Debbie Hefke

My nephew loves firetrucks. He will literally sit for hours on end watching firetruck parades on Youtube. When I received this book to review, I thought that it would be something that he might like.

When I Grow Up I Want to Be... a Firefighter! tells the story of a little boy on a fieldtrip to a firehouse.



The illustrations:

Are simple and not the cutest.

How strong is the book?

This is your average paperback book.

Who the book is for:

I would guess that this book was written for ages six to eight, as I think it would be a little long for my almost four year old nephew.

What I liked:

This book gives good, detailed information about firefighters and firetrucks.

This book is colorful.

What I didn’t like:

The mention of zombies in this book pushed me away from gifting it to my nephew.

My conclusion:

Overall, this is an okay book.

I give When I Grow Up I Want to Be... a Firefighter 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from the author. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment