Monday, March 31, 2014

Dark and Edgy - My Review of Hands of Darkness

Written by: Heather James
Published by: Kregel Publications

I am always interested in reading suspenseful fiction, so I was happy to be given the chance to read this book.

Hands of Darkness tells the story of Evelyn Barrett, a woman who has just given birth to a new baby and has a new job as a police consultant.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy suspense books. Those who don’t mind a story that is a bit dark.

What I liked:

The characters in this book are very likeable and real.

There were moments in this story that were funny.

What I didn’t like:

The ending of this book was very depressing to me.

A bit edgier than most Christian books - I don’t know that this really bothered me too much, but it might bother some readers.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was an okay read.

I give Hands of Darkness 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Kregel Blog Tour. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment