Monday, March 24, 2014

Good, Retro Read - My Review of Summer of Joy

Written by: Ann H. Gabhart
Published by: Revell

I thought this book sounded interesting, so I decided to give it a read even though it is the third book in a series that I have not read.

Summer of Joy tells the story of Jocie Brooke, a fourteen year old girl, and the lives of those around her. Set in the 1960’s, this book shares stories of love and pain.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy Christian fiction of any kind. Teens and adults.

What I liked:

The story was unique.

Interesting read.

Fun characters.

A small bit of suspense to keep things exciting toward the end.

What I didn’t like:

There isn’t anything in particular that I didn’t like about this book.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was a good read.

I give Summer of Joy 4 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Revell. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment