Wednesday, April 16, 2014

An American Tourist and a Kenyan Orphan Unite - My Review of Hope Runs

Written by: Claire Diaz-Ortiz and Samuel Ikua Gachagua
Published by: Revell

I am always interested in reading memoir type books, and that is why I chose to read and review this one.

Hope Runs tells the story of a girl who loves to travel, and takes a trip to Kenya that ends up lasting longer than she had planned. Claire stays to help out at an orphanage, and finds herself feeling a parental sort of love for one of the little boys living there. This book shares their story through the perspectives of both Claire and Sammy.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy memoirs. Those whose lives have been touched by an orphan.

What I liked:

This book opens your eyes to another culture.

This book is written in first person, something that I find unique for a memoir type of book.

What I didn’t like:

Most of the chapters were a little long for me.

Parts of the book were boring and hard to read.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was a decent read, but I didn’t enjoy it as much as I had thought that I would.

I give Hope Runs 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Revell. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment