Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Boring and Inapplicable - My Review of Knowing God by Name

Written by: David Wilkerson            
Published by: Chosen

I don’t know what I was expecting from this book, but it just didn’t hit me in the way that I expected it to. I was looking for a book that would help me to grow closer to God in some way, and Knowing God by Name just didn’t do it.


Who the book is for:

Christians, if anyone.

What I liked:

There is nothing in particular about this book that I liked.

What I didn’t like:

I found this book very boring, and I was unable to get into it at all.

I didn’t like the fact that the author chose to bring the “rod” verse from Proverbs into a book about God’s name – what does that have to do with the discussion? That verse can be interpreted in many ways, and I felt like the author was just trying to push his agenda in a book that had nothing to do with the subject.

My conclusion:

Overall, I was very disappointed with this book.

I give Knowing God by Name 2 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from the publisher. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment