Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Grown Up Children's Tale - My Review of The Easter Donkey

Published by: Ambassador International
Written by: Donna Thornton
Illustrated by: Lynne Pryor

I always enjoy reading and review children’s book and – with Easter coming up – I was excited to read and review The Easter Donkey.


The story:

This book explains the message of Easter as learned by a donkey, through the help of a cat.

The illustrations:

The illustrations in this book are fairly grown up and serious, not as cute as I would have liked.

How strong is the book?

This is a relatively sturdy hardcover book.

Who the book is for:

Toddlers through young school aged children.

What I liked:

This book explains the Easter message in a unique way.

Children will appreciate the animals in the story.

What I didn’t like:

The story is written in a grown up way and doesn’t exactly flow smoothly.

My conclusion:

Overall, this is an okay read.

I give The Easter Donkey 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Ambassador International. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment