Friday, April 25, 2014

Heartbreaking - My Review of Girl at the End of the World

Written by: Elizabeth Esther
Published by: Convergent

I chose to read this book because I enjoy memoirs and I thought it sounded interesting, I found myself regretting that decision shortly after starting it. I respect the author and the struggles that she went through, but Girl at the End of the World was too real and depressing for me. It hit much too close to home.

This book shares the story of a girl who grew up in a cult, sadly, a lot of the practices that she suffered through are being followed by Christians today. A lot of what the author went through is being preached in a very popular parenting book that is being recommended at churches everywhere - a book that disgusts and enrages me.



Who the book is for:

This book should definitely be read by anyone who follows the practices of Tedd Tripp, so that you can see just where this that kind of teaching can lead. For others like me, this book depresses and hurts.

What I liked:

This book is very real. I thank the author for being open and honest.

Kept my attention.

What I didn’t like:

Depressed me, but this really isn't the author's fault, such was her life.

My conclusion:

Overall, I found this book... interesting and heartbreaking.

I give Girl at the End of the World 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment