Thursday, April 17, 2014

Interesting Historical Fiction - My Review of A Sensible Arrangement

Written by: Tracie Peterson
Published by: Bethany House

I devour fiction on a regular basis. While I prefer contemporary, I enjoy historical, too. Since Tracie Peterson was one of my favorite authors when I was a teen, I was anxious to see if I would still like her writing.

A Sensible Arrangement tells the story of a thirty-something woman who travels across the country to enter into a marriage of name only. Eager to escape the pain of her past, she finds that a fresh start isn't as easy as she was expecting.



Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy historical fiction. Women and teen girls.

What I liked:

The characters were likeable.

The story was interesting and unique.

What I didn’t like:

The conclusion was very abrupt, and I felt it left a lot of loose ends.

I wish that it would have just stuck to the perspectives of the couple.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was a fairly good read.

I give A Sensible Arrangement 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment