Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Baseball Story - My Review of Wish

Written by: Jake Smith
Published by: Tyndale Fiction

I enjoy contemporary fiction. I enjoy fiction with heart. I like baseball. I was really looking forward to reading and reviewing this book.

Wish tells the story of a father who loves baseball but gave it up for his family. A son who is facing cancer but more focused on his dad than himself.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy baseball, for sure, otherwise you will find yourself bored with the story.

What I liked:

The family was interesting and fun to read about.

The story had heart.

What I didn’t like:

This wasn’t really a “Christian” book – as you would expect based on the publisher. It actually included some kind of iffy messages in regard to Heaven…

The story didn’t go as deep as I would have liked it to.

Pushed becoming a bone marrow transplant donor so much that it became unnatural and messed with the flow.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was an okay read.

I give Wish 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Tyndale. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment