Wednesday, May 14, 2014

An Old Fashioned Mystery - My Review of Death by the Book

Written by: Julianna Deering
Published by: Bethany House

I enjoy suspenseful fiction, but I’ve never really read a “mystery” since I was a kid, so I was very interested in checking this one out.

In Death by the Book, Drew Farthering is faced with multiple mysterious deaths in the town that is named for his family. With the help of his friends and the police, he must discover who is behind the killings… before it’s too late.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy mysteries and suspense.

What I liked:

The characters in this book are likeable.

This book is well written in an old fashioned kind of way.

Interesting and unique read.

What I didn’t like:

I really don’t have any complaints other than the fact that it was the tiniest bit boring.

My conclusion:

This was a fairly good read.

I give Death by the Book 4 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment