Monday, May 12, 2014

Dig Deeper into the Bible - My Review of Candle Bible Handbook

Published by: Candle Books, Lion Hudson

I was excited to receive a copy of the Candle Bible Handbook to read and review, eager to see just what I could learn about God’s word. I thought that this book would be a good one to pass on to my little nephew – who is very curious about the Bible and all things Christian – but was a bit disappointed to find that it is too grown up for him.


The story:

This isn’t a story book, but rather, it digs deep into certain parts of the Bible. Includes background information on Babylon, the Philistines, and so much more.

The illustrations:

Are really old fashioned in a good way. They are detailed and fun to look at – actually kept my older brother entertained for a while.

How strong is the book?

This is a fairly sturdy book, almost a mix between a softcover and a hardcover.

Who the book is for:

I guess this book is probably for ages 10 to 15 or so? I really couldn’t figure out if it is for adults or for kids…

What I liked:

This book allows you to dig deeper.

The illustrations are cool.

Alphabetical.

Includes a lot of information.

What I didn’t like:

Don’t really know what age the book is for – not really for adults like me, not for young children.

My conclusion:

Overall, this is a good book.

I give Candle Bible Handbook 4 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Kregel Blog Tour. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment