Saturday, May 10, 2014

Realistic Amish Fiction - My Review of The Miting

Written by: Dee Yoder       
Published by: Kregel Publications

I am not always interested in reading Amish fiction, but I am open to it at times, so I chose to read and review this book.

The Miting tells the story of an Amish teen who longs for something more than her simple life gives her. When she truly finds God on her own, and grows to love his word, she finds that being Amish just isn’t enough for her – and runs into all kinds of trouble because of that discovery.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy Amish fiction, and even those who don’t. Teens and adults. Females, in particular.

What I liked:

I found it interesting that this is an adult’s book about a teen, but it really seemed to work.

Opened my eyes to some Amish practices that I didn’t know about.

I liked the fact that it didn’t paint the Amish lifestyle as something to dream about, as a lot of Amish books do, but…

What I didn’t like:

… *spoiler warning* I didn’t like the fact that some of the main characters decide to stay Amish, anyway.

Left a lot of loose ends.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was a pretty good read.

I give The Miting 4 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Kregel Blog Tour. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for taking the time to read and review The Miting. I appreciate your kind words and recommendation.

    ~Blessings to you,

    Dee

    ReplyDelete