Tuesday, June 24, 2014

No Recipes for Me - My Review of The Great American Slow Cooker Book

Written by: Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough
Published by: Clarkson Potter

I used to have a thing against slow cookers, I didn’t understand their purpose and didn’t really get why people loved them. Then, I found some great slow cooker recipes and I understood. My eyes were opened. I began to look for more and more slow cooker recipes – and that is why I decided to review this book.

The Great American Slow Cooker Book includes a variety of recipes to be used with your slow cooker.


Who the book is for:

Those who love to use their slow cooker when cooking – especially those who like meat…

What I liked:

Each recipe is available in a few different “sizes”, so that you can customize it depending on the size of your slow cooker.

There are a lot of recipes in the book.

What I didn’t like:

I didn’t find a single recipe in the book that was applicable to me or that I would want to cook – I am a bit picky, though, cooking gluten free and mainly vegetarian.

I wish that the book would have included more pictures.

My conclusion:

Overall, this book might be right for some, but not for me.

I give The Great American Slow Cooker Book 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment