Friday, June 6, 2014

Parenting Older Children - How to Really Love Your Adult Child

Written by: Ross Campbell, MD and Gary Chapman, PhD
Published by: Northfield Publishing

I am not a parent, yet I choose to read parenting books. I had heard good things about the “How to Really Love…” books, and I had been wanting to check them out, so I jumped at the chance to review How to ReallyLove Your Adult Child, even though… I am nowhere near the targeted age group for the book.


Who the book is for:

Parents of young adult and adult children.

What I liked:

This books shares some really good information and ideas for dealing with various issues that might come up when parenting adult children.

I found the chapter on healing your relationship with your own parents to be very helpful and applicable to me.

What I didn’t like:

While I don’t agree 100%, exactly, with everything in this book, there is nothing in particular that I didn’t like or that bothered me.

My conclusion:

Overall, this is a good book for parents of adult children.

I give How to Really Love Your Adult Child 5 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from MPNewsroom. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment