Thursday, July 3, 2014

Could Have Gone Deeper - My Review of Atlas Girl

Written by: Emily T. Wierenga
Published by: BakerBooks

I enjoy reading memoirs by various people, detailing various lives, and that is why I decided to read and review this book.

Atlas Girl tells the story of a hurting girl who starved herself to deal with that pain, the woman she became, and the trials that she faced.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy memoirs.

What I liked:

The story is written in an interesting way.

The author is open and honest about a lot of things.

What I didn’t like:

I felt like the author never fully shared her feelings toward her parents or the forgiveness that took place toward them, like she hinted at it a lot but didn’t really tell the dirty parts. I would have appreciated more about that, because she made it all seem too simple – and I know that a hurtful relationship between parent and child is never simple.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was an okay book.

I give Atlas Girl 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from the publisher. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment