Friday, July 18, 2014

Good for Some, Not Really for Me - The Homesick Texan's Family Table

Written by: Lisa Fain
Published by: Ten Speed Press

I enjoy looking through cookbooks, but rarely find one that actually has recipes that I think I will put to good use. I was hoping that this book would be an exception, but ended up disappointed.

The Homesick Texan’s Family Table is a cookbook full of Texan type recipes, and a few others, too.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy Texan style food, those who like meat.

What I liked:

There are a lot of full color pictures that really give you a good feel of what the food is going to be like, something that I want out of every cookbook.

There are some recipes that sound like they would have really good flavors.

Easy to read/understand.

What I didn’t like:

There aren’t enough recipes that are applicable to me, but I’m a bit particular in what I want.

My conclusion:

Overall, I think that some will find this cookbook helpful.

I give The Homesick Texan’s Family Table 4 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment