Monday, July 7, 2014

I Couldn't Get Into It - My Review of How Sweet the Sound

Written by: Vanessa Miller               
Published by: Abingdon Press

I love reading fiction, but I admit that I have been coming across some books lately that I just can’t get into. This was one of those.

How Sweet the Sound tells the story of Shar Gracey, an African American girl in the 1930’s who always wanted to sing – and to be treated as something special.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy music and historical fiction.

What I liked:

The cover looks cool.

What I didn’t like:

Overall, I just couldn’t get into this book, and I found it boring.

My conclusion:

Overall, I can’t really recommend this book.

I give How Sweet the Sound 2 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Abingdon. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment