Monday, July 7, 2014

Informational Vegan Cookbook That is Lacking Photos - My Review of The VB6 Cookbook

Written by: Mark Bittman                
Published by: Potter

I am finding that I love to cook. More and more, each time I try a new recipe, I am finding that it is a rewarding experience. That is why I chose to review this cookbook.

The VB6 Cookbook is a companion to the bestselling VB6 book (not something that I have read.) It is full of vegan and flexitarian meals.


Who the book is for:

Those who are vegan, those who have read VB6, those who want a serious cookbook.

What I liked:

There are some recipes in the book that sound really interesting – such as “Phony Boloney”.

Informational.

Great for those following a vegan diet.

What I didn’t like:

I like cookbooks that are easy to read and full of colorful, full page pictures. I want a picture of every recipe, so that I know just what I am trying to cook. This book doesn’t provide that. The pictures in this book are rare, and they just don’t satisfy me.

I didn’t find any recipes that really sounded like something that I could see myself making.

My conclusion:

Overall, I’m sure this is a good cookbook for some, just not for me.

I give The VB6 Cookbook 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment