Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Not Enough Heart to It - My Review of Death Takes a Ride

Written by: Lorena McCourtney
Published by: Revell

I enjoy reading some mystery and suspense books, but I like them to have more of a story to them than just the suspense or mystery. This book failed me in that way.

Death Takes a Ride is the story of Cate Kinkaid, who witnesses a murder taking place right at the start of the book. She then gets sucked into the case. 


Who the book is for:

Those how enjoy a mystery that doesn’t have much heart.

What I liked:

The cover of the book is what first drew my attention, and something about it is just really cool.

What I didn’t like:

The book didn’t really keep my attention.

There wasn’t heart to this book, not enough of a story for me.

I didn’t feel like I could identify with the characters at all.

Parts were a little weird/unbelievable. A dog riding a motorcycle?

My conclusion:

I didn’t enjoy this book.

I give Death Takes a Ride 2 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Revell. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment