Monday, July 7, 2014

Post-World War Two Fiction - My Review of Love Comes Home

Written by: Ann H. Gabhart
Published by: Revell

I chose to read this book because it sounded like something that would be interesting and enjoyable to read.

Love Comes Home shares that story of multiple characters who are a part of one family in post-World War Two America. Each character is facing their own problems and issues.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy historical fiction. Women, in particular.

What I liked:

Features an interesting and fun family, likeable characters.

The combination of stories is unique and special.

What I didn’t like:

Nowhere on the book does it say that it is a part of a series, yet I found that it kept referring to characters in the book without sharing their history, as if I should know them already.

A bit boring in places.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was a decent read.

I give Love Comes Home 4 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Revell. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment