Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Weird - My Review of Miracle in a Dry Season

Written by: Sarah Loudin Thomas 
Published by: Bethany House

I enjoy reading fiction of all kinds, so I chose to review this book when I was given the chance.

Miracle in a Dry Season is set in 1954. This book tells the story of a single man who is dealing with his father’s illness, and a young woman who is faced with judgment for the fact that she has a child and no man in the picture.


Who the book is for:

Those who want a book that is really different.

What I liked:

The characters are interesting and likeable.

The story is different from a lot that are out there.

What I didn’t like:

The supernatural stuff was really weird for me. Not to share any spoilers, but there were things happening in this book that would just not happen in real life, and that kind of ruined my whole view of the book.

The story got boring in places.

My conclusion:

Overall, I wasn’t really a fan of this book.

I give Miracle in a Dry Season 2 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment