Friday, September 19, 2014

Cake Recipes for the Gluten Free - My Review of Let Us All Eat Cake

Written by: Catherine Ruehle with Sarah Scheffel      
Published by: Ten Speed Press

I started eating gluten free almost four months ago now, as my sister and I are trying to see if it helps us to feel at our best. When I found Let Us All Eat Cake as one of the options for books that I could review, I was very excited to check it out.


Who the book is for:

Those living the gluten free lifestyle who would still like to bake and enjoy good cakes.

What I liked:

The recipes use real, simple ingredients that us gluten free people actually have around – unlike the majority of recipes that are for those with special diets.

There are such a variety of cake recipes listed – from breakfast cakes to layered cakes.

There are quality pictures of some of the cakes…

What I didn’t like:

…but I wish that there were pictures of all of the cakes. I need to see a picture in order to use a recipe.

My conclusion:

Overall, this seems to be a really good cookbook, and I think it will be helpful as I continue to live a gluten free life.

I give Let Us All Eat Cake 4 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment