Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Good Historical Fiction - My Review of A Bride in Store

Written by: Melissa Jagears
Published by: Bethany House

I love reading all of the fiction that I can get my hands on, that’s why I was happy to receive this book to review.

A Bride in Store tells the story of a mail order bride who falls in love with the wrong man – not the man who had “ordered” her.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy a story that has likeable characters and heart – specifically, those who enjoy historical fiction.

What I liked:

The characters were very likeable, and more identifiable than most are in historical fiction.

The story was interesting and kept me paying attention.

What I didn’t like:

There is nothing in particular that I didn’t like about this book. My only complaint would have to be that it took me a few chapters to really get into it.

My conclusion:

Overall, this is a good read.

I give A Bride in Store 5 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment