Monday, September 15, 2014

I Don't See the Point - My Review of Candle Prayers for Kids

Published by: Lion Hudson
Written by: Claire Freedman
Illustrated by: Jo Parry

I always request to review any children’s book that I can get my hands on, so Candle Prayers for Kids was no exception.

Jacket Image

The story:

This is a book of various, random prayers.

The illustrations:

The pictures in this book are simple, but cute in their own way, too.

How strong is the book?

This is a hardcover book, and it seems to be relatively sturdy.

Who the book is for:

I don’t really understand who would read this book, or why…

What I liked:

The pictures are cute.

Encourages gratitude and prayers of thanks.

What I didn’t like:

I don’t really understand what the book is for… why read it? The prayers are specific to certain circumstances and certainly wouldn’t apply to all kids. Do you read it like a story? Or do you read it as you pray? I don’t really understand.

My conclusion:

Overall, I don’t get the point behind this book.

I give Candle Prayers for Kids 2 out of 5 stars.



I received this book free to review from Kregel Blog Tour. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment