Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Not the Cure that I was Looking for - My Review of The Stress Cure

Written by: Linda Evans Shepherd
Published by: Revell

I tend to stress – a lot. There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t stress over some small issue, and drive myself crazy. That is why I was excited to receive the opportunity to read and review The Stress Cure. I was hoping that this book might help to actually “cure” my stress problem.


Who the book is for:

Those who want to read a whole book on a variety of topics in order to try and fix their stress problem.

What I liked:

There is some good information in this book.

The real life stories from the author are interesting.

What I didn’t like:

This book wasn’t really a book on stress – or, at least not in the way that I expected it to be. This book covers feeling frustrated, offended, negative, etc.. A lot of those are emotions that don’t necessarily have anything to do with my stress.

I just felt like the book wasn’t really relevant to me, and it wasn’t helpful.

I’m  not a big fan of pre-written, “form” prayers, and this book was full of them.

Parts of the book get boring.

My conclusion:

This book might be helpful for some, but I wasn’t a big fan.

I give The Stress Cure 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Revell. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment