Monday, September 8, 2014

Novel that Reads More Like a Memoir at Times - My Review of The Desire

Written by: Dan Walsh and Gary Smalley
Published by: Revell

I enjoy reading all types of contemporary fiction, so I was happy to be given the chance to read and review this book.

The Desire tells the story of a married couple who is unable to get pregnant. While the woman longs for the chance to have a child of her own, her husband is more focused on the mission trip that he has just been on and the poor children he saw there.



Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy contemporary Christian novels about relationships.

What I liked:

The story was interesting and unique.

The characters were somewhat likeable.

What I didn’t like:

There is a whole issue in regard to a single mom giving up her baby that I didn’t like. I don’t want to give away any spoilers, and I don’t want to start a rant, but there was just something that I disagreed with.

Parts of the book felt more like reading a memoir than fiction – the parts that focused on the mission work.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was an okay read.

I give The Desire 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Revell. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment