Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Too Many Boring Details for Young Children - My Review of Conrad and the Girl Next Door

Published by: ZonderKidz
Written by: Denette Fretz
Illustrated by: Gene Barretta

I love reading and reviewing children’s books, so I was excited to receive Conrad and the Girl Next Door for just such a purpose.


The story:

This book tells the tale of a little boy who is becoming a cowboy, and all that that entails.

The illustrations:

I’m not a huge fan of the pictures, myself.

How strong is the book?

This is a sturdy, jacketed hardcover.

Who the book is for:

This book says that it is for ages four through eight, and I think that is appropriate.

What I liked:

The story is interesting and different.

Has a bit of a lesson.

What I didn’t like:

I found the story a little too detailed to keep the interests of kids.

I felt the message could have been more clear.

I think kids will grow bored with the story.

My conclusion:

Overall, I’m not a big fan of this book.

I give Conrad and the Cowgirl Next Door 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Book Look. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment