Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Teaching Kids Peace - My Review of The Berenstain Bears Blessed are the Peacemakers

Published by: ZonderKidz
By: Mike Berenstain

I loved the Berenstain Bears books when I was a kid, back when an older generation of Berenstains wrote them, and I was happy to receive a new book to read and review.

Blessed are the Peacemakers includes a Christian message, complete with a Bible verse on the title page.


The story:

This book tells about a play that is being put on by the bears at their school, and a fight that breaks out because of it.

The illustrations:

Typical for a Berenstain Bear book, the pictures are detailed and fun to look at.

How strong is the book?

This is a paperback book, but it is relatively strong and sturdy.

Who the book is for:

This book is for preschoolers and young school aged kids.

What I liked:

The story includes a good message about making peace.

The story is interesting and fun to read.

What I didn’t like:

This book doesn’t flow as smoothly as the original Berenstain Bear books did.

My conclusion:

Overall, this is a pretty good book.

I give Blessed are the Peacemakers 4 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Book Look. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment