Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Story of the Start of Jesus' Life - My Review of The Christmas Story for Children

Published by: ZonderKidz
Written by: Max Lucado, Randy Frazee, and Karen Davis Hill
Illustrated by: Fausto Bianchi

I am always interested in reading and reviewing children’s books, and I have really enjoyed other books by Max Lucado, so I was happy to receive a copy of The Christmas Story for Children to read and review.


The story:

This book tells the story of Jesus’ birth and his life – through his baptism by John.

The illustrations:

I am not a big fan of the pictures used in this book. They aren’t cute at all, and they are a little bit scary.

How strong is the book?

This is a paperback book, but it seems relatively strong.

Who the book is for:

This book would be good for whole families to read together.

What I liked:

This book tells the story of the start of Jesus’ life in a way that is good for reading aloud – and it packs it all in one book.

The book is true to scripture.

What I didn’t like:

The illustrations bug me.

The story is dragged out a bit in a way that might make it too long for young children.

My conclusion:

Overall, this is an okay book.

I give The Christmas Story for Children 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from BookLook. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment