Monday, September 1, 2014

Too Boring and Detailed for Me - My Review of A Light in the Wilderness

Written by: Jane Kirkpatrick
Published by: Revell

I don’t always like historical fiction, but I thought that this book sounded like something that would be interesting. I was wrong.

A Light in the Wilderness tells that story of a freed slave who travels out west with an Irish immigrant.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy historical fiction.

What I liked:

There are a few interesting twists in the story that I found surprising.

What I didn’t like:

The book is hard to get into and hard to stay in. It is rather boring.

Some things are mentioned with too much detail, such as the birth control method that one woman in the book is using.

My conclusion:

Overall, I didn’t enjoy this book.

I give A Light in the Wilderness 2 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Revell. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment