Monday, October 6, 2014

Not Really a Fan - My Review of Tell Me About Prayer

Published by: Tyndale
Created by: Stephen Elkins

Children’s books can be fun and exciting, and I am always interested in reading them and checking them out for my nieces and nephews – especially when I can get free review copies of them.

Tell Me About Prayer is a book for young children which explores the idea of prayer.


The illustrations:

The pictures in this book are sort of cute, but not especially so.

How strong is the book?

This is a paperback book.

Who the book is for:

Preschoolers through early school aged kids.

What I liked:

The book is colorful.

The book includes a cd and stickers.

The book shares some Bible verses.

What I didn’t like:

This quote: “God is not a magic genie who lives to serve us.” First, my nieces and nephews have no idea what a “magic genie” is. Second, this sort of implies that God doesn’t want us to be happy, and I think that he does – and I believe young children should be taught that he does.

The book is a little deep for young children.

My conclusion:

Overall, I’m not really a fan of this book. There are a lot of other children’s books out there that are better.

I give Tell Me About Prayer 3 out of 5 stars.



I received this book free to review from Tyndale Blog Network. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment