Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Takes a Bit to Get Into It - My Review of A Matter of Heart

Written by: Tracie Peterson
Published by: Bethany House

I enjoy fiction of all kinds, including some historical fiction. I was a fan of Tracie Peterson a lot when I was younger, so I was excited for the opportunity to read and review this book.

A Matter of Heart is more than just a romance book, it tells the stories of a number of characters who are all friends back in the late 1800’s – focusing primarily on a young woman and two of the men in her life.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy historical fiction. Those who have read the previous books in the series.

What I liked:

The characters are interesting and likeable.

The cover is pretty.

There is enough story going on once you get into the book.

What I didn’t like:

The book is really hard to get into, and it’s hard to keep all of the many characters straight.

The dream toward the end of the book was really weird, and I think the author took an easy way out by using it to make a point/share a message.

My conclusion:

Overall, this is an okay book once you get into it.

I give A Matter of Heart 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment