Friday, October 24, 2014

Why a Boardbook? - My Review of The Legend of the Candy Cane

Published by: ZonderKidz
Written by: Lori Walburg
Illustrated by: Richard Cowdrey

I always enjoy checking out different children’s books, and so I was excited to receive another Christmas one to read and review - TheLegend of the Candy Cane.


The story:

This book tells the story of a new candy shop opening in a town and how a little girl sees a candy cane for the first time at that candy shop. The owner of the candy shop explains the Christian meaning behind the candy cane.

The illustrations:

The pictures in this book are pretty detailed and kind of cute.

How strong is the book?

This is a sturdy boardbook.

Who the book is for:

This book says that it is for ages four through eight on the back, but that makes me wonder why it is a boardbook. I would say this book is appropriate for four through six, and I wonder why they chose to make it a boardbook.

What I liked:

The pictures are cute.

The story shares a good message.

What I didn’t like:

The story is a bit boring.

The fact that this is a boardbook is a bit weird for the length and maturity.

My conclusion:

Overall, this is an okay book.

I give The Legend of the Candy Cane 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from BookLook. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment