Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A Book on Adopting - My Review of Forever Mom

Written by: Mary Ostyn    
Published by: Nelson Books

Adoption is something that I think about a lot, so I was excited to read and review Forever Mom, a book about what someone should expect when they are adopting.


Who the book is for:

Everyone who has ever adopted or considered adopting. Those who are working toward bringing new family members into their home. Parents who haven’t even adopted or considered adopting may find the book helpful, as well.

What I liked:

The author is very open and real about what life was like for her during the adoption of each of her children.

The author gives practical tips for dealing with newly adopted children.

The author encourages gentleness and patience when parenting.

The author shares stories from other adoptive families.

What I didn’t like:

There were minor things in the book which I disagreed with the author on, but they weren’t a big deal and didn’t ruin the book for me.

My conclusion:

Overall, this is a really good book.

I give Forever Mom 5 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Book Look. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment