Saturday, November 15, 2014

Heartwarming Fiction - My Review of The Christmas Cat

Written by: Melody Carlson
Published by: Revell

I enjoy reading contemporary fiction and was excited to have a Christmas novel to read and review.

The Christmas Cat tells of a young man who has recently returned to the U.S. after spending a good chunk of time digging wells and serving in another country. He then loses his grandma and is left to find her cats new homes – according to her specific instructions.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy heartwarming, Christmas fiction. Cat lovers would love this book especially much. This book would make a great gift for the cat lovers in your life.

What I liked:

I found it interesting and unique that the entire book was written from a male perspective – you don’t find that in fiction too much.

The story gets heartwarming once you get into it.

The characters are likeable.

Fun book for Christmastime.

What I didn’t like:

The book was hard to get into and I didn’t think I would like it at first.

Parts of the story are boring.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was a decent read.

I give The Christmas Cat 4 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Revell. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment