Monday, November 17, 2014

Negative Devotional - My Review of Nurturing Great Kids

Written by: Dan Seaborn
Published by: Zondervan

Even though I am not a parent, I chose to read and review this book in the hopes that it would make for a good Christmas gift for one of my older siblings. I was disappointed to find that it isn’t something that I would like to pass on to anyone.

Nurturing Great Kids is a Once a-Day devotional, with lessons on disciplining kids and teaching them morals.


Who the book is for:

This book was written for parents.

What I liked:

The devotionals are short enough for a parent to get through, even when they are busy.

What I didn’t like:

I thought that this book was going to be inspirational for parents, something light and encouraging. Instead, it is all very negative and strict and serious.

This cover claims “365 practical insights for parenting with grace”, but I didn’t find anything in the book about grace.

Too negative.

Focused more on what children do wrong than how to be a better parent.

My conclusion:

Overall, I don’t recommend this book.

I give Nurturing Great Kids 1 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from BookLook. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment