Sunday, November 23, 2014

Not What the Title Implies - My Review of In This House We Will Giggle

Written by: Courtney DeFeo
Published by: WaterBrook Press

I was really excited to read and review In This House WeWill Giggle, as I thought that it would make a great gift for my older siblings who are parents. There are times when all parents need to lighten up and have fun, and I thought that was what this book was going to be about. But… I was disappointed.


Who the book is for:

This book was written for parents.

What I liked:

Shares stories from real life.

Has some good points.

I like the little ideas of fun things for families to do that are mixed throughout the book – that’s what I thought all of the book was going to be like.

I liked the part of the book on respect, where the author mentions that parents need to respect their children, too. But…

What I didn’t like:

…some of it was just weird. Boys need to stay standing until their moms are seated? Who does stuff like that these days, and what’s the point? That is not something that God ever instructed.

I didn’t like the idea in the patience chapter that was about setting your kids up for failure by putting a temptation such as cookies in front of children and then expecting them not to ask for them.

The whole book is very focused on perfection, not at all what I expected based on the title.

My conclusion:

Overall, this book wasn’t what I expected.

I give In This House We Will Giggle 2 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment