Sunday, November 2, 2014

Romance that is Boring at Times - My Review of At Bluebonnet Lake

Written by: Amanda Cabot
Published by: Revell

I always enjoy reading fiction, so I was happy to receive another fiction book from Revell to read and review.

At Bluebonnet Lake tells the story of workaholic Kate Sherwood and her grandmother, as they head to an old resort to spend a month of time together. At the resort, both women find unexpected love.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy mellow romances.

What I liked:

The characters are likeable enough.

I like the fact that it contained two love stories instead of just one.

What I didn’t like:

There is a weird part toward the end of the book where Kate is in a chapel and she hears a sound like witch’s laughter. I didn’t understand that at all and didn’t see where it fit into the book.

Fairly boring, overall.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was an okay book.

I give At Bluebonnet Lake 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Revell. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review my book. I'm sorry it wasn't your favorite, but I appreciate your honesty.

    ReplyDelete