Monday, December 8, 2014

A Different Kind of Amish Novel - My Review of The Bachelor

Written by: Stephanie Reed             
Published by: Kregel Publications

I don’t often choose to read Amish fiction, but I will read some when the story sounds interesting.

The Bachelor was unlike any Amish fiction that I have read before, and it focused on an Amish young woman and her relationship with both English and Amish.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy Amish fiction, but also those who don’t.

What I liked:

I really liked the fact that this book didn’t condone the Amish’s beliefs like some books tend to do – even Christian ones, and even the beliefs that go against God’s word.

This book was interesting and unique, and the characters were really special.

What I didn’t like:

There is nothing in particular that I didn’t like, but the book got a little boring in spots.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was a decent read.

I give The Bachelor 4 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Kregel. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment