Saturday, December 13, 2014

Likeable Characters and an Interesting Story - My Review of The Wishing Season

Written by: Denise Hunter
Published by: Thomas Nelson

I enjoy reading contemporary books, and I have come to really enjoy Denise Hunter’s writing, lately, so I was happy to receive a copy of The Wishing Season to read and review.

This book tells the story of a young woman who is looking to open a restaurant, and a man who is looking to start a home for children who have aged out of foster care, and the fight that the two get into as they compete for the same building.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy a good romance with a story.

What I liked:

Definitely kept me interested.

Likeable characters all around.

Unique story – I don’t believe I have ever read a fiction book about an adult who had been a foster child, or one who cares about foster kids.

Laughable moments and emotional moments.

What I didn’t like:

There is nothing in this book that I particularly didn’t like.

My conclusion:

Overall, this is a good read.

I give The Wishing Season 5 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Book Look. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment