Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A Novel I Couldn't Get Into - My Review of The Secret of Pembrooke Park

Written by: Julie Klassen   
Published by: Bethany House

I have come to enjoy some historical fiction over time – still preferring contemporary books – so I decided to give The Secret ofPembrooke Park a chance after my sister recommended the author. I found myself disappointed with this pick, though.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy this author might like the book, I found that the author isn’t for me. Also, those who like a really long book with really long chapters might like this one.

What I liked:

The story behind of the book is unique.

What I didn’t like:

The book was too hard to get into.

The chapters are too long.

The characters just weren’t for me.

My conclusion:

Overall, I wasn’t a fan of this book.

I give The Secret of Pembrooke Park 2 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment