Friday, March 27, 2015

A Bit Mature for Young Children - My Review of The First Easter Ever

Published by: ZonderKidz
By: Dennis Jones

I like receiving children’s books to read and review, and that is why I chose to check out The First Easter Ever.


The story:

This book tells about Jesus’ life from the time that he set out from his parents’ home until his ascension into Heaven.

The illustrations:

The pictures in this book are colorful and somewhat realistic.

How strong is the book?

This is a flimsy paperback book but seems okay for the price listed on the back.

Who the book is for:

This book says it is for ages four through eight, but some content might be a bit mature for those ages.

What I liked:

The price is really low for those buying the book.

The story is true to God’s word and covers a lot.

The pictures are nice, except…

What I didn’t like:

The one where Jesus is being whipped is a little too realistic and dark for a four year old or other young child to see and think about.

The book is a little mature for young children.

My conclusion:

Overall, I’m not a big fan of this book. There are better options out there.

I give The First Easter Ever 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Book Look. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment