Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A Good Story Mixed with a Lot of Randomness - My Review of Better All the Time

Written by: Carre Armstrong Gardner
Published by: Tyndale

When I read about Better All the Time I thought that it sounded like something that I would love to read. This book focuses on a family of adult children and all of the issues that various characters face.


Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy reading about numerous characters in one book.

What I liked:

The family is interesting and I like the interactions between all of the characters.

Parts of the book are interesting or touching.

The story of Sephy and her weight loss is inspirational.

What I didn’t like:

This book is quite random, with a lot of stuff included that really doesn’t need to be in it.

This book didn’t really touch me in the way that I thought that it would when reading about it.

One of the characters in the book is gay, and I didn’t really see a place for this in a Christian book. The other characters just act like that lifestyle is completely normal and accepted, despite their faith.

My conclusion:

Overall, this is an okay read.

I give Better All the Time 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Tyndale Blog Network. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment